Mikel K. Lamb joined The Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center and Crossings Restaurant as Executive Chef in 2013.
Born and raised in Sacramento, California, he began his culinary career at age 17, shortly thereafter joining the United States Marine Corps. His culinary career restarted as the AM Sous Chef at Yosemite National Park where he truly found his passion in this field at the Ahwahnee Lodge, a 4 Star Resort. He most recently was executive chef at Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska.
Chef Lamb has worked all over the country in resorts in San Diego, Squaw Creek, Olympic Valley, Tahoe, Santa Cruz, San Jose and Hawaii. He has been a member of the American Culinary Federation Since 2004.
Some of Chef Lamb’s awards include:
- Winner Best Clam Chowder Award - All Three Categories, Santa Cruz Clam Chowder Cook Off and Festival
- Winner People’s Choice Award- Santa Cruz Clam Chowder Cook Off and Festival
- Winner Best Appetizer- Diamonds and Elegance Gala at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- Winner People's choice at the Chocolate Festival in Kailua-Kona
- Winner Best Entree Recipe at the Kona Coffee Festival Recipe Competition 2008|Winner People’s Choice Award Kona Chocolate Festival-2009
- Winner Best Entrée Recipe at the Kona Coffee Festival Recipe Competition